Welcome to my blog... I'm going to post some pictures of the things I've been making and record the progress of my venture into the world of crafty commerce.
I've been focusing on making jewellery from recyled beads and these are for sale on a fantastic little stall in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. As well as using recycled materials I make some of my own beads and love nothing more than shopping for new beads. I am also co-producing a recipe book and love baking so have included my baking adventures too.

Tuesday 7 September 2010

More bread!

Cheese and tomato pinwheels today.



I think it goes without saying these are really tasty. Just look at 'em... There must be a million variations one could do with this recipe.

These ones are just a normal bread recipe which (after the dough has proved for the first time) is shaped/rolled into a rectangle and spread with a mix of tomato puree, a tiny amount of chopped tomatoes, garlic, grated cheese, salt, pepper, herbs.

The rectangle is then cut into thin strips, rolled into the wheel shape, placed on an oiled baking sheet and allowed to rise again in a warm place.

The oven is heated to around 220c and just before the wheels are baked they are sprinkled with more cheese, olive oil and a little more seasoning. Bake until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.

1 comment: