Welcome to my blog... I'm going to post some pictures of the things I've been making and record the progress of my venture into the world of crafty commerce.
I've been focusing on making jewellery from recyled beads and these are for sale on a fantastic little stall in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. As well as using recycled materials I make some of my own beads and love nothing more than shopping for new beads. I am also co-producing a recipe book and love baking so have included my baking adventures too.

Sunday 10 October 2010

BEAD FEST

Oh joy of all joys, a bead fair exactly one week before my birthday! This event (obviously planned with me in mind) was held at Rheghed near Penrith (Cumbria). It was ace! Totally rammed with beady ladies (largely). It was nice to see lots of Czech glass beads- it reminded me of my holiday in Berlin and the lovely bead shop Eva & I frequented. I didn't take any photos of the event as a whole as it was too jam packed but here are some close ups of some of the stalls.



These beads were from 'Dobeadoo'. I like how they are stored in rice- i'm guessing to protect them and it would keep them dry (not sure if that is terribly important). Don't you think they look a little like exotic fish?





This was the 'Bead Spider' stall. I bought some really nice tiny Czech glass iridescent beads from here.








And this, well this is my haul...




3 comments:

  1. WAHHHHH I'm so envious! I clearly should have been there with you! And what a good haul! I love the small faceted black&oil slick and dark brown ones! And the square ones. And the matt black and and.. I can't wait to see what you make with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep you should have been there. The big bag of mixed beads is all the beads that escape (probably on to the floor and probably then hoovered up) the man called it 'bead soup'. I wish I bought more 'bead soup' it is fairly inspirational. I really like matt black beads I think they give a great finish and are really tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes, I need more matt black beads in my stash, they are very good.
    I have started loving bead soup too, I put all the stuff I spill on the floor in a little bowl, and it's very good for making stuff. I like pulling random beads out of the soup and get surprised by how it looks when I put it all together. I've started making my own mixes of bead soup too, it's like mixing paint.

    ReplyDelete