Welcome to my blog... I'm going to post some pictures of the things I've been making and record the progress of my venture into the world of crafty commerce.
I've been focusing on making jewellery from recyled beads and these are for sale on a fantastic little stall in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. As well as using recycled materials I make some of my own beads and love nothing more than shopping for new beads. I am also co-producing a recipe book and love baking so have included my baking adventures too.

Friday 30 July 2010

Raa raa raspberry day

These raspberry shortbread and chocolate hearts were made by my mum and I (helped) for her friend's daughter's weddings don't they look all delicate and nice...it's weird seeing how hairy raspberries are. The more I look at this photo the more cartoony it looks. I do wish I could have eaten more of these. Maybe I'll make some and instead of chocolate hearts they'll have chocolate flies.




I made this cake. I think they should have it as THE wedding cake look how luxuriously creamy it is. Vanilla sponge with homemade raspberry jam and fresh cream and raspberries...



Vanilla sponge cake recipe

6oz of baking margarine or butter
6oz of caster sugar
1tsp of baking powder
3 eggs
6 oz of self rasing flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to around 180c

1. Cream the butter & sugar
2. In another bowl beat the eggs with an electric whisk until fluffy
3. Sift the flour & baking powder a little at a time into the butter mix whilst gradually adding the beaten egg. Add the vanilla and mix well.
4. Divide the mix into two lined sponge tins
5. Bake for around 20 minutes until golden brown, springy to touch. Test by inserting a skewer into the middle of the cake- if it comes out clean it's done.
6. Allow to cool, spread with jam, fruit & cream. Then make everyone look at the cake and tell you how much they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment