Welcome to my blog... I'm going to post some pictures of the things I've been making and record the progress of my venture into the world of crafty commerce.
I've been focusing on making jewellery from recyled beads and these are for sale on a fantastic little stall in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. As well as using recycled materials I make some of my own beads and love nothing more than shopping for new beads. I am also co-producing a recipe book and love baking so have included my baking adventures too.

Monday 3 May 2010

Finders keepers

Today I took my ware to the 'Finders Keepers' craft and vintage fair at Emmanuel Hall in Didsbury. It was really busy showing how popular vintage things are at the moment. There were some really nice handmade items including some I bought for my dear friend Tilly who has broken her ankle.

There were some amaazing beads for sale too which I somehow resisted. I left my items with Marilyn. They did look really nice although there was only room for chairs rather than a table but after Saturdays table transportation trauma I really didn't mind. People did look at them as soon as they were put out.

I wonder if there are any fairs which are more crafty and less vintagey...

My photos are rubbish..

4 comments:

  1. YAY! How fun to see your stall! Maybe you can get hold of a table that folds up and becomes really tiny? Like a camping table? Although it does look good with the chairs, as then your crafts gets a backdrop. I also want a stall! I imagine it must be a little bit scary though?? At least if you don't have anyone there with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't as scary as I thought. I had my Rosie friend with me so we mostly drank beer and ate hoummus and chatted to people so it was fun. Its good having a social prop aswell...Even if that social prop is a massive table full of jewellery... I might carry it around with me wherever.. Actually the table we used on Saturday was really awkward and heavy and my muscles are still recovering...

    Definitely a better table is a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier this year, I held several open-house days for the jewellery and accessories I made. I bought myself a pin-board, covered it with nice fabric, then pinned all my items using tailors' pins.

    Try pinning them in themes - similar colours, similar designs, similar prices etc. Later, you can store them as they are; just cover with a large plastic bag (bin liner is ideal) to keep the dust off them. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - these pin-boards look great stood up against the back of a chair, better than they look lying flat on their backs on a table-top!

    ReplyDelete