Welcome to my blog... I'm going to post some pictures of the things I've been making and record the progress of my venture into the world of crafty commerce.
I've been focusing on making jewellery from recyled beads and these are for sale on a fantastic little stall in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. As well as using recycled materials I make some of my own beads and love nothing more than shopping for new beads. I am also co-producing a recipe book and love baking so have included my baking adventures too.

Wednesday 14 April 2010

SOLD...and featured on another blog!

I have sold my first necklace from the stall in Afflecks Palace. I have avoided using ETSY due to difficulty pricing items and working out postage...what do you think? Should I get a grip and use it?

I got a little message today saying my space bracelet had been featured on another crafty lady's blog.


http://www.craft-candy.org/blog/?p=863

I really like what she wrote

"Space bracelet from Black Kat Designs by bead-maker Kat, who has been crafting since she was just a little kitten."


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to delete my first comment as I managed to post if before it was finished, haha. YAY FOR YOUR FIRST SALE!!! How cool is that!? I hope it encourages you to make more fantastic beadstuffffs!

    I like Etsy, but Linzi said Folksy is so much better?
    Either way you'll need to work out things like pricing and shipping costs sooner or later if you want to sell online. And selling online is great, as you can do it without actually having to be social;)
    You should check with the post office to see if they have a postage calculator, or at least get a list of their shipping prices. You need a scale to weigh things in order to work out how much they will cost to ship.
    Some people choose to work in some of the shipping price in the item price so the shipping won't seem so steep, as apparently people prefer to pay more for the item than for the shipping (even if the total sum is the same? haha, weird).

    I will write you an email with thoughts on pricing and such, it's such a boring thing to consider, but it's also important as it's hard for people to buy stuff that doesn't have a price.

    Ps. I want some of your black and turquoise bracelets SO BAD!! They are gorgeous! You need to make more of that style so there's some of them left once I finally have money to buy them.

    ReplyDelete